Australian Open is one of the most popular events in the realm of tennis betting. The vent marks the opening of the Grand Slam season in tennis. The Australian Open stands to be the first tennis tournament to take place. The season starts in January every year and takes place in Melbourne, Australia. The Australian Open tournament has grown to be the second-largest tennis event in terms of the audience; with many tennis fanatics even travelling all the way from the United States of America to watch.
The exciting entertainment offered by the sporting event is amplified only when USA punters have placed a legitimate sanctioned bet on the various matches. This guide comprises of an overview of all there is to know about Australian Open betting in the USA. This includes the top betting odds and betting lines, basic tricks and tips, and so much more. So, read on below and learn about this prestigious tennis tournament. Start placing your bets directly from the USA to win real money!
Top Australian Open Betting Sites in the US
Best Australian Open Betting Lines
Our expert team of punters did some research and found that betting lines below to be some of the top options used in the USA:
- Futures: These are bets that made before the whole tournament even starts. In most cases, USA bettors will be placing their wagers on a specific player to win the tournament. Futures are by far one of the most lucrative wagering options because placing a bet before the time of the tournament is even set is bound to be one of the hardest predictions to make.
- Money Lines: In tennis, money line bets are also referred to as head to head bets. This is when a punter places their bet on a particular player to win a match. It’s probably the most popular betting line in the United States.
- Totals: This is when punters place their bet on the number of games that will be played before the winner for the match is announced.
- Australian Open Courtside Betting: As the name suggests, this is when punters place bets on the tournament at the courtside. The idea behind this betting option is that players get ahead of the events televised delay as they also get to exploit better odds.
- Spread Bets: Here, American punters will be placing their bets on a certain player to win by a specific number of games. The idea behind this betting line is to give the favourite a disadvantage, thereby making the betting odds for the Australian Open more lucrative.
Australian Open Betting Odds Explained
One of the most important things that American players must keep in mind when wagering on the Australian Open is that generally, only a handful of players are selected or favored to win. Over the past ten years, players like Novak Djokovic Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal were always given the best betting odds for all the men’s tournaments. In the women’s tournaments, we have players such as Serena Williams, Ashleigh Barty and Naomi Osaka have also been the usual favourite.
One this about professional tennis is that there are a few shocking results. This is mostly true for the men’s Australian Open singles tournament. During the past decade, only two players that managed to rank outside of the top three won the tournament. One of these occasions involves Roger Federer coming back from an injury he had sustained.
On the other side of the coin, the women’s singles Australian Open event is not that easy to predict as it has also seen a few new winners on the last couple of years. In the past ten years, there have been seven different winners in comparison to just three in the men’s singles tournament. This is why it’s not as easy to determine the winner of the Australian Open in this department.
Before making a bet, we advise USA punters look around at different top sports betting sites and shop for the best betting odds. USA bookies tend to be quite competitive in this manner, and we are sure none of the punters would want to miss out on a chance of winning more cash. You’ll most certainly have this in mind if your Australian Open betting predictions are correct.
Other top Tennis Betting Guides
- US Open
- Roger’s Cup
- French Open
- National Bank Cup
Best Australian Open Betting Tips
Whenever the Grand Slam tournament comes around, it seems everyone has their ultimate wagering tips and tricks to share. Well, though we, at Best USA Betting sites, won’t necessarily claim that our tips will result in you winning your bets, at the very least they’ll help you to think more strategically when placing wagers. So, before making a bet, you might want to consider the below:
- The turf: It’s important to take note of the fact that the tournament is played on hard surface or court, which is different from all the other Grand Slam tournaments. Some players perform much better on certain surfaces for instance; Rafael Nadal is named the King of Clay because of the number of times that he’s won the French Open. Consequently, he only managed to win the Australian Open just once; therefore, he won’t prove to be much of good bet.
- Underestimating Warm-up Matches: In many cases, an upcoming star may perform very well in warm-up events that lead to the tournament. But, US punters mustn’t overvalue these results. Though many tennis players might have great showings in warm-up events, quite a few of them maintain that level and continue to perform exceptionally well in the Australian Open.
- Studying the player’s history: We always urge punters to do some research on their favourite player before they place their bet. They need to look at the player’s head to head statistics. For instance, Roger Federer is most likely to lose against Rafael Nada; than he is, against Novak Djokovic. However, Roger will most likely pull a win against Novak than Rafael.
Bet on the Australian Open in the USA
This tennis tournament has grown to be one of the most exciting events for tennis fanatics in the USA. As previously mentioned, it’s the first Gram Slam. To add on, the Australian Open stands as a paradise in the realm of betting as punters from all over the world place their bets on the different matches played. In total, the tournament has 254 matches played. So, what are you still waiting for? Visit any of the tennis betting sites we feature and start placing your bet to win real money today!