The Atlanta Falcons has had a few seasons of glory in the National Football League (NFL). However, last season was not a good period for them as they only won seven games in the season and were not part of the NFL postseason celebrations. In this season the Falcons are looking to get back to their glory days. Many are not confident whether the Falcons will make the playoffs this coming season. If you are looking to bet on the Falcons in the upcoming season, then you need to read up on their performance stats to help you decide.
The team first joined the NFL in 1965 and has been existence for over 50 years. . The Atlanta Falcons have made an appearance in two Super Bowls. If you want to watch the Atlanta Falcons play their home games, you can catch them at the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta. You should first look at the team’s odds before you make any decisions about betting.
Our Favourite Sportsbooks to Bet on the Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Betting Statistics
In the previous season, the Atlanta Falcons almost reached the five hundred mark. However, those who bet on them did not get significant pay-outs. We should commend the team on being able to place points on the scoreboard. They were able to play over the total several times; in fact, it was nine times, and this includes five times playing at home. Here is a breakdown of the statics for the Falcons for your betting knowledge:
When you look at the offensive side of the Atlanta Falcons, you can see that they have not been too bad, because overall they finished sixth. You can see that they also struggled to be able to run the ball, which is why they only finished at 27.
- Total number of Yards – the team was able to rank at six for having a total of 839.1 yards.
- Passing Yards – the team is at number four with a total of 290.8 passing yards.
- Rushing Yards – in the NFL the team was ranked 27 in this regard because they total of 98.3 rushing yards.
- Points Scored – in this regard, the Falcons had an average of 25.9 points scored and this placed them at number 3 in rankings.
- Field Goals- the percentage of field goals that were scored is 96.2%, and they rank at number 3 in the NFL.
When it comes to the defence side of the team, it did not look that great. They finished at a sad 28th spot. The Falcons decided to address their dismal defence. This resulted in the drafting of Kendall Sheffield, the cornerback from Ohio State. The team also included John Cominsky in the fourth round. He was meant to help in the defensive end.
- Total Yards – the Atlanta Falcons managed to finish last at the 20th spot because they were able to accrue a total of 384.50 of yards in the defence.
- Rushing Yards – the team finished off in the 25th spot for a total of 124.9 rushing yards that have been scored.
- Passing Yards – The Falcons were able to get a total of 259.6 in passing yards. This is why they are ranked 27, generally.
- Points Allowed – The Falcons were able to allow 26.4 points, and they are ranked at number 25 in the whole NFL.
- Field Goal – when it concerns this, the Falcons finished off in the 32nd spot because of 100% field goals.
Leading Team Members
In the previous season, Calvin Ridley was able to score ten touchdowns for the team while Tevin Coleman leads the team with 800 rushing yards.
- Touchdowns – Calvin Ridley is the best in the team with ten touchdowns.
- Rushing – Tevin Coleman was able to rack up a total of 800 rushed in the team.
- Passing – Matt Ryan managed to have a total of 4924 of passes for the season
- Receiving – Jullo Jones was able to score a total of 1677.
- Sacks – Takkarist McKinley was able to have a score of 7.0
- Interceptions – Damontae Kazee managed a total of 7 interceptions for the team in the season.
Atlanta Falcons Betting Odds
While the Atlanta Falcons did not perform well when it comes to their defence you can see that the main focus of the team was on the offensive. It does not look good for them since they lost the superior Tevin Coleman. But don’t count the Falcons out because the team as a whole will be able to put points on the board. Many experts don’t know how to judge the trajectory of the Falcons in the 2019 season so, make sure you make conservative bets when it comes to the Falcons. It will also be a good move to bet on individual players who are doing well in the team.