Learning how to bet on sports is very important if you intend on winning enormous profits at US Sportsbooks. This guide is suitable for beginner bettors as well as those who want to remind themselves of the different betting systems. As the wave of sports betting is gaining momentum across the country, new betting systems are being developed all the time.
You can also find valuable tips that guide you in the best ways of betting on sports. Learning how to bet on sports is the first step of many. You need to be able to develop a strategy that will place you in the best position to win. This guide will also direct you to the best sportsbooks in America. You can choose from a range of betting sites that are suitable for you. You can also claim a few bonuses while playing. If you want to know this and more about sports betting, then you should read further.
Popular Sportsbooks for Betting on Sports
|CASINO||WELCOME BONUS||MORE INFO||PLAY||Intertops Best USA Sports Betting|
|BET NOW Intertops||Bovada Online Sports Betting Website|
|BET NOW Bovada||Xbet US Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Xbet||Sports Betting - Best Sports Betting USA|
|BET NOW Sports Betting||BetOnline US Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Betonline||MyBookie USA Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW MyBookie||SportsBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Sports Bet||SportsBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW GT Bets||FantasyBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Fantasy Bet||SportsBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Wager Web||Betnow Sportsbook|
|BET NOW Bet Now||Betnow Sportsbook|
|BET NOW Youwager|
Different Bets Available for Sports
If there were only one way of betting on sports, then it would not be exciting. That is why different betting systems offer multiple opportunities for players to win. These are the various systems that you can use:
- Spreads – This is one of the ways that you can place bets on your favourite sports teams. This betting system is based on which team will cover the point spread. The team that is considered the favourite will give points while the underdog will get points. All of the points are determined by the sportsbook. For example, let’s say there is a game between the Patriots and the Jets. If the Jets are the favourite, then they will be represented with a negative (-) on the spread. While the Patriots will be represented with a (+) on the spread because they are the underdogs. The favourite team has to win the game by more than the predicted points for you to win the bet.
- Moneylines– This is another method that you can use when you are betting on sports. This type of betting system is based on guessing which team you think will win the game. The favourite team will be designated a negative (-) symbol, and a positive (+) symbol will represent the underdog. Therefore, if the favoured team is -200 then you will have to wager $200 to win $100 should the team win. Favourites are always expected to win, that is why you get to risk more than when you bet on the underdog.
- Totals (IOver/Under) – This type of bet requires sportsbooks to set a total number of points that they predict will be scored by both teams combined. When you bet, you will have to decide whether this number will be over or under the proposed amount.
Tips on How to Bet on Sports
Here are a few tips that you can use when you are placing your bets:
- You have to look at the odds. The odds will give you a good idea on who to bet on based on their likelihood of winning.
- You don’t have to involve your emotions when you are placing bets. A lot of people make the mistake of including their feelings when they are betting. If you see that the odds of your favourite team don’t look good, you don’t have to vote for it.
- Use Betting systems that you are familiar with, to win. Learn the different betting systems before you start committing your hard-earned cash.
- It is also essential that you consider all possible outcomes when you are betting. Look at the bigger picture. You should also look at the different stats of the teams that are playing. This will help you make an informed decision.
- You should accept the fact that sometimes you will lose. Accepting this fact early on will save you from spending a lot of money trying to win.
Sports Betting Glossary
We know that when you are still learning about how to bet on sports, the terms may be a little confusing. Here are a few terms that we think you should know:
Action – This is a term used to refer to the number of bets placed in a sporting event.
Against the spread – The short form of this term is ATS. This refers to when you place a bet for one side of the point spread.
Bad Beat – Bettors use this term when you were close to a win but suddenly lost at the last minute.
Beard – This is a bettor who enjoys placing bets but wants to stay anonymous.
Book – this is the short form of sportsbook; this is a sports betting site that facilitates your wagering.
Buy Points – This term refers to paying a small fee to move the spread in your favour. It costs more, but your chances of winning are increased.