Kentucky Derby Betting Guide
The Kentucky Derby is one of the most famous horse race betting opportunities in the United States. You can compare it to the Super Bowl in football. This is an event that gets a lot of attention, from the media to US bettors as well as casual fans. You could think about is as one of the most thrilling two minutes in sports. This means that there will be a considerable number of people who are looking to win big when betting on the Kentucky Derby. During the Kentucky Derby, online sportsbooks enjoy a lot of traffic of people who want to win real money betting on horses.
In this Kentucky Derby betting guide, we have decided to help those who don’t know how to bet on the horses. We will show you the different betting lines that you can use when you are betting on the derby in Kentucky. You will find top sportsbooks that you can place your bets at for the Kentucky Derby horse racing.
Kentucky Derby Betting Sites
|BETTING OPTIONS||FREE ROUNDS||USD IN BONUS||SLOT MACHINES|
Types of Bets for the Kentucky Derby
The good thing about the Kentucky Derby is that you can use different wagering lines on your favorite horse. Besides the standard bets that we are used to, like the straight wagers, you can place a multitude of other bets. Here is a list of bets that you can place when betting on the Kentucky derby:
- Win: This is an easy bet because all you do is make sure that you bet on the horse you think will win the derby.
- Place: You will get paid the price of the horse is placed. However, the horse must either come first or second.
- Show: If your horse finished first, second, and third, then you will be paid the show price. You have to keep in mind that this bet has the least payout out of all of them.
- Exacta: With this wager, all you have to is predict which horses will come first and second. The catch with this wager is that you will have to predict the correct order.
- Trifecta: This is similar to the previous bet above; however, the only difference is that you will have to predict the correct order of the first three winning horses in a row.
- Superfecta: with this wager, all you have to do is guess which four horses will cross the finishing line first.
- Super High Five: as with the other bets we have mentioned, all you have to do here is predict the first five horses that will cross the line.
Choosing a Kentucky Derby Winner
Betting on horse racing has been one of the easiest things to do. However, guessing the Kentucky Derby winner can be quite a tricky process. You have to keep in mind that 20 horses take part in the Kentucky Derby. It is considered the biggest field of any race in the United States. Admittedly the payout is quite large, which means that it will be more challenging to place an accurate wager. There are a lot of factors that you will have to consider when you are betting on horses. This includes the strength of the horse because the horse will, for the first time, race a mile and a quarter in the derby. One of the things that you have to consider is the quality of the horses. These are not average horses; they have gone through a comprehensive test to find themselves at the Kentucky Derby.
So, to predict the winning horse all, you have to do is review the stats of the top horses in the previous years. You have to also keep in mind that many horse preps happen before the actual Kentucky Derby event. Once you have researched all the horses that are racing in the derby, what you need to do is make sure that you choose horses that have positive attributes.
Kentucky Derby Expert Tips
- Know which horse you are going to bet on – it’s important to have researched the horse that you are going to place a wager on. A lot of people wait until the very last minute to start choosing a horse to bet on. There are many fun things to do at the Kentucky Derby so, you might even forget to place a bet.
- Don’t believe the hype – the media will sometimes hype one horse or even two horses that they think will win. Don’t fall into this trap; trust the research that you have done on the horses and what the betting experts have to say.
- Don’t overuse the exotic betting line – the exotic betting line has a lot of action associated with it. However, relying on one betting line too much will cut into your overall profits. The majority of your wagers should be placed on straight bets.
- Do your research – as we have said before, you need to make sure that you have researched the different horses that are competing. See how these horses performed in the Kentucky Derby prep as well as all the other races before the big event.
- Pay attention to the favorite – there is a reason why the favorite is liked by many. The one thing that you will have to keep in mind is that other people have done some research on competing horses.
Kentucky Derby Odds
The Kentucky Derby betting trend tends to lean towards the winner of the previous events. Here is a list of horses that have won during the last years.
|California Chrome||Victor Espinoza||5/2f||2014|
|American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||29/10f||2015|
|Always Dreaming||John Velazquez||47/10f||2017|
|Country House||Flavien Prat||65/1f||2019|
See Other Horse Race Betting Guides: